Welcome to Westbury Workshops
We will be launching an exciting new venture very soon – hosting short courses at our ironing studio in Newstead, Stoke-on-Trent.
Each of our short workshops will teach people how to:
- Wash clothes properly without shrinking, fading or running of colours
- Understand the labels on clothes – why they are there and what they mean
- Operate a washing machine and know the difference between each of the programmes
- Dry clothes correctly depending on the fabric
- Understand how an iron works and be able to iron clothes
- Hang and fold clothes
We will be offering three different courses:
- Four hour, one-off courses for students leaving home and adults who have never learned to iron (max three learners per course)
- A three-week course run one day a week for three hours for adults with learning difficulties or physical disabilities.
- 1:! bespoke tuition
How much will courses cost?
- Four-hour, one-off course – please call for details
- One day a week course – please call for details
- Bespoke courses – price available on request
Where will the workshops be held?
We have a bright, modern and airy studio based at Landau Training and Enterprise Centre in Newstead, Stoke-on-Trent. Landau is a charity that provides people with learning disabilities or long-term health issues, and the long-term unemployed, with the skills and support they need to find work. www.landau.co.uk
How do I sign up?